As a prerequisite to use Boost, you need to register Boost an a Mastodon app on the instance hosting your Mastodon account.
In order to configure Boost, you need to create a boost.ini file (or any name you prefer, finishing with the extension .ini) with the following parameters:
[mastodon] email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org instance_url=https://mastodon.social user_credentials=boost_usercred.txt client_credentials=boost_clientcred.txt [boost] boosts = 0 do_not_boost_hashtags=dnr, only_if_hashtags=python, match=[Rr]egex ; only boost toots older than n minutes older_than=60 ; only boost toots younger than n minutes younger_than=120 favorite=true [sqlite] sqlite_path=/var/lib/boost/boost.db
For the [mastodon] section:
- users_to_boost: the screen_name of the users to boost (in @carl_chenet, it’s carl_chenet), separated by a comma. Mandatory parameter.
- instance_url: the url of your Mastodon instance (default is https://mastodon.social). Mandatory parameter.
- user_credential: the path to your boost_usercred.txt (generated by register_boost_app, default is boost_usercred.txt). Mandatory parameter.
- client_credential: the path to your boost_clientcred.txt (generated by register_boost_app, default is boost_clientcred.txt). Mandatory parameter.
For the [boost] section:
- boosts: the minimal number of boosts the toot needs to have in order we also boost it. Defaults to 0.
- waitminsecs: the minimal number of seconds to wait after processing a toot. Defaults to 1.
- waitmaxsecs: the maximal number of seconds to wait after processing a toot. Defaults to 1.
- do_not_boost_hashtags: do not boost if one of the hashtags in this list is in the text of the toot.
- only_if_hashtags: only boost toots having one of the hashtags of the list.
- match: only boost toots containing given regular expression match.
- older_than: only boost toots older than a number of minutes.
- younger_than: only boost toots younger than a number of minutes.
- favorite: favorite all the boosted toots.
For the [sqlite] section:
- sqlite_path: the path to the sqlite3 database file storing the already boosted toot ids